What to Expect
The procedure involves making a curved cut along the base of your abdomen from hip to hip. Excess skin and fat are removed, your abdominal muscles are tightened, and the remaining skin is pulled back into place. In a full abdominoplasty your surgeon will make another cut around your belly button to reposition it. The cuts are then closed with stitches.
Liposuction may be performed at the same time as your abdominoplasty to achieve an aesthetically balanced shape.
1.5 to 3 hours surgery
10 to 14 days for full recovery
For ages 18 and above only
Light scarring (fades with time)
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of a tummy tuck?
The benefits of a tummy tuck are that it:
- Restores a youthful shapely figure
- Allows you to wear the clothes you want
- Boosts your self-confidence
- Improves abdominal tone and posture
- Removes stretch marks and abdominal scarring
- Helps to keep weight off
- Supports recovery from stress urinary incontinence
- Improves exercise tolerance and comfort.
How long will my results last?
How much does a tumy tuck cost?
Will I have a scar?
You will have an abdominal scar that will fade over time and can be hidden by your underwear.