Annie and David featured in the acclaimed Sky Living TV series, Ladyboys.
After the unprecedented success of series one of Ladyboys, Annie and David decided to form My Cosmetic Surgery in Thailand together.
David talks about the reasons they embarked on the business and what they can do to help you.
Ladyboys was filmed here in Thailand. You can find out more about the series by visiting us here
After we finished filming the first series of Ladyboys, several transgender girls in both the US and UK contacted us because they enjoyed the series and wanted to come to Thailand and meet us. We are often asked if we were in a TV show by strangers in Bangkok, Samui, Krabi and other places we visit. Lots of those people asked us about breast enhancement surgery, cosmetic surgery and sexual reassignment surgery. We didn’t know much back then apart from the experience of Annie and her friends,
but after a lot of research we are able to guide you in finding the best cosmetic surgery procedures available in Thailand. Very often transgender girls and ‘regular’ girls we met suggested that we start a business helping people find safe and affordable cosmetic surgery in Thailand. They remarked on their own experience of ‘not knowing where to start or who to trust’.
We invite you to start here and to trust Annie and I!
As well as the relative cheapness of cosmetic surgery there are many other reasons for choosing to have procedures done here in Thailand. More than 89% of medical tourists traveled to Thailand, India or Singapore in 2010, with Bangkok and Singapore leading the pack. But the cost of hotel rooms and treatment are both far more expensive in Singapore than in the Thai capital, making Bangkok the most popular place for medical tourism in the world.
Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport is serviced by airlines from around the world, reasonably-priced hotel rooms abound, there is reliable public transportation and 30-day visas for many nationalities are easy to get upon arrival, all of which help to make a stay — in a hotel or hospital — easy.
“The hospitals in Bangkok are some of the highest quality in the world, meeting or exceeding US standards,” said Steven Lash, CEO of Satori World Medical, a US-based medical travel company that sends patients to Bangkok as well as to seven other countries, including Turkey and Mexico. “All of the patients we have sent to these hospitals have given us excellent feedback on their procedures and their experiences at the facilities.”
Annie and I are agents for the hospitals in Bangkok that we believe offer the best all-round packages for cosmetic surgery.
We are paid by the hospitals so the services we offer and the advice we give costs you, our guests in Thailand, nothing.
You can think of Annie and I as your professional friends and we will tailor our services to match your needs.
We can meet you at the airport, arrange transportation to pick up & transfer from the airport and/or hotel to hospital.
If you wish we will arrange hotel accommodation on your behalf and stay with you while you recover from the surgery. It can be lonely waiting to feel better all alone and you will find it difficult to feed yourself at first or take care of the basic things like shopping etc.
There are so many things that you will not even think about prior to arrival such as acquiring a sim card so that you can keep in touch with people at home.
The service we offer is highly personal.
You can have your surgery at the quoted price/s at the hospital we recommend but If you have another doctor/hospital in mind then we will visit and ask questions on your behalf even arranging appointments etc. This service will cost you nothing and there will be no hidden charges added to your bill.
The advantages of using us as your guides
- We are your eyes and ears on the ground in Thailand
- We have experience of cosmetic surgery practices in Thailand
- We can speak Thai and English. Thai interpreters will never ask the kind of questions that westerners take for granted, such as, ‘Why is the wound still bleeding, when you said it should have stopped by now?’ or ‘Why are there extra charges when the price for a pre-med is supposed to be all inclusive?’ Thai cultural norms prohibit any potentially confrontational questions being asked especially to a high-status person like a doctor. I, however, have no problem asking such questions politely but firmly.
- Annie understands English and can translate from English to Thai and vice-versa.
- We can secure accommodation, transport and even entertainment ensuring you are not charged ‘tourist prices’.
- We can welcome you, take care of you and make sure that as well as having your surgery, you have a fun vacation in Thailand and meet some new friends; us!
- We can give advice and even accompany you to purchase or try make-up, clothes or even get your nails done.
- We can help you to enjoy your time as a new woman during your stay in Thailand
Please contact us now by completing the contact form or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org